Paula Wilder RODC, IAF-CPF
Paula is all about building sustainable advantage for organizations -- strengthening people's ability to thrive as they achieve their individual and collective missions. As an organization development consultant, she helps organizations solve problems and reach their goals.
Paula's positive-focused "breath of fresh air" helps leaders reset teams for increased momentum. Armed with a wealth of tools and strategies for increasing insight and strategic choice, employees gain confidence in their ability to do the right thing. Recent projects include Board planning, aligning top teams, building brand architectures, corporate identity, coaching senior executives and middle managers, facilitating leadership groups, developing change leaders, and increasing employee engagement and empowerment.
She earned a doctorate in Policy, Planning and Decision-Making from Boston University, an M.A. in Learning Psychology from Columbia University Teachers College; an M.S. in Organization Development and Applied Behavioral Sciences from American University/National Training Labs. Her B.A. is fom Mount Holyoke College, MA.
Paula lives in Blacksburg, VA with Ed, her husband. They have two wonderful sons -- a computer programmer for the defense industry in NoVA, and a medical student in NYC. She enjoys being outdoors, spends a lot of time gardening and hiking, especially with Annie, an adorable, and sometimes inexhaustible Weimaraner, and loves to read. The best times are with friends out at Smith Mountain Lake -- truly the jewel of the Blue Ridge. She has a zest for travel and is always interested in "the next trip."
- EQ-i 2.0 (Emotional Intelligence)
- Registered Organization Development Consultant, Organization Development Network
- Certified Professional Facilitator, International Association of Facilitator
- MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
- DiSC Profile
- Denison Consulting: Organizational Culture Consultant
- Power and Systems: The Organization Workshop: Strengthening Partnerships Up, Down and Across Organizational Lines
- Power and Systems: Mastering the Middle Space
- Power and Systems: Merging Cultures
- Leadership Versatility
- Simu-Real: Large Group Interventions for Multi-Organization/Department Planning
- Team Performance Model
- FiRO-B: Understanding Interpersonal Relationships
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Center for Creative Leadership: Skillscope
- Dialogic: Conversational Skills That Promote Learning Organizations
- Coaching for Relationship
- Six Hats