Thriving organizations typically have the most effective leaders.
Now, more than ever, leadership is not about leading people to a new place but leading people to a new way of being.
Part of that new way of being is being high in Emotional Intelligence.
To help leaders gain insight and behave more effectively, we use the EQ-i 2.0 assessment which identifies the level of a leader's emotional and social functioning. The EQ-i Leadership report integrates the closely related concepts of emotional intelligence and leadership success.
The EQ-i 360 provides an in-depth analysis by having those who work closely with the leader provide information as well.
- The EQ-360 is ideal for use in organizations where developing effective communication between individuals, teams, and the entire organization is crucial to success.
- The EQ-360 identifies key employee strengths that can be leveraged to the benefit of the organization, as well as impediments to high performance that could be improved.
- The assessment process can also be used as a follow-up to formal coaching and to measure progress.
Leaders also need insight into the organizational dynamics that occur up, down and across organizational lines.
We use a systems thinking approach that incorporates organizational dynamics. At any given moment, leaders can be in different positions in the system: Top of some project, in the middle of some process, or the front-line deliverer of the product or service. Knowing one's position is important to being strategic in the leadership behavior one chooses.
Do your leaders think strategically about the place they have in the system? Do they:
- Recognize the position they hold in any given scenario so that they can be strategic in what leadership moves they make?
- Have empathy for the predictable conditions that others find themselves in so that they can empower them more effectively?
- Provide clear, meaningful direction that engages others?
- Build long-lasting relationships that are oriented towards creating new productive futures?
- Have a strong bias toward learning, risk-taking and innovation?