2017 CORE ADVANCE: Business Intensive for Technology Leaders
A new RBTC program for high potential technology leaders
Participating companies include: Advanced Logic Industries, Corvesta, New City Media, Ozmo, Qualtrax, and TechSquared.
This six session program kicked off with Orientation in March. Core Advance runs on second Thursdays, April - June and September-November.
Its central mission is to help emerging leaders who have direct reports achieve greater success. Core Advance’s learning experiences, led by regional experts, are designed to maximize applications. Morning modules focus on practices that help ensure that leaders are bringing out the best in their colleagues – Relationship Intelligence. Afternoon modules focus on practices that elevate leaders’ thinking beyond effective performance in their own functional area to company-wide success – Executive Know-How. Lunch & Learns, led by experienced experts, will offer participants opportunities to enrich their business savvy and broaden participants’ regional networks.
- Relationship Intelligence Modules include: Emotional Intelligence, I and II; Manageing Others, I and II; Strategic Courage and Influencing Others.
- Executive Know-How Modules include: Strategy, I, II and III; Driving Financial Success, I and II; and Executive Presence.
- Lunch and Learns will focus on a variety of topics, including: Leadership, Growth, Talent, Innovation and Funding.
- Coaching Sessions will be lead by Kathy Baske-Young, Janet Crawford and Jeff Smith.
- Faculty include regional experts who will lead the program modules, including: Paula Wilder, WilderWeber Leadership Group; Jeff Smith, Voltage Leadership; Deon Glorius, Corvesta; Amy Ankrum, CEO, Qualtrax, Tom Haas, Common Wealth Growth; Jennifer Owen-O'Quill, Voltage Leadership and John Schott, CEO, Dominion Metallurgical.
- Lunch and Learns will be led by David Catalano, CEO, Ozmo; Nanci Hardwick, CEO, Aeroprobe; Ken Ferris, Brookewood Management; Kathy Claytor, Senior VP of Human Resources, Corvesta, Todd Leeson, ESq., Gentry Locke Attorneys, Alex Obenauer, CEO, Mindsense, Derrick Magard, APEX CIE, and Greg Feldmann, CEO, Skyline Capital Strategies.
Applications for the 2018 Cadre will be open in January 2018.
CEO Round Tables
We are pleased to be working with The Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council co-moderating CEO Round Tables.
Round Table Mission
Provide a forum where smart, thoughtful and dedicated peers at the senior executive level gain new insights into strategic issues that are impacting their ability to adapt and transform their organizations for growth and success.
Factors that Contribute to Organization Success, including, but not limited to:
- Mission (Strategic Intent, Goals, Mission)
- Consistency (Coordination and Integration, Ability to Reach Agreement, Core Values)
- Adaptability (Capability Development, Teamwork, Empowerment)
- Involvement (Creating Change, Customer Focus and Organizational Learning)
Round Table conversations are marked by challenging, rigorous, confidential business-focused, frank and empathetic comments that improve senior executive decision-making.
- CEO Round Table I launched in March 2014.
- Executive Round Table for COO's, GM's, Senior VP's launched in April 2016.
For more information, contact Paula Wilder, Ken Ferris at Brookwood Management or Heather Baum Fay at The Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council.
Thanks to the Montgomery Co. Chamber of Commerce 3/21/17 Women's Leadership Conference!
- Paula Wilder presented Powering Up! to a group of more than seventy participants on the relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Communication Skills.
- A great conference of regional women leaders.
Five on-line surveys help leaders focus on sustainable advantage.
- Marketing Dimensions focuses on strategic marketplace excellence. It assesses the organization's engagement on six critical dimensions of strategic marketing success.
- Organization Dimensions focuses on the organization's engagement in six critical dimensions of Marketplace Responsiveness.
- Leadership Dimensions focuses on behaviors in six key categories that are essential to leadership effectiveness--customized for specific industry sectors.
- Change Leadership assesses the viability of existing organizational processes and performance in creating and sustaining needed change.
- Winning Cultures pinpoints areas of strength and opportunity when seeking to develop a healthier organizational culture.