02.14 - Leadership Fundamentals: Coaching 101 Tips for Becoming A Leader Who Coaches Their Team to Success
Set the Standard
How can you create standards of excellence that people willingly adhere to?
Evaluate the Current Situation:
- To what extent are people living the values your organization needs to be known for?
- How consistently do they deliver on your brand's promise?
- How much do you hear people talking about how to do things better?
Communication Skills For Coaching
Asking great questions is key to helping others gain insight.
- That are open-ended to create greater clarity, possibility or new learning.
- In ways that that reveal the information needed for maximum insight.
- That clearly indicate that you understand your colleague's perspective.
- That provoke commitment or action.
- That move your colleague toward the future.
Want to be more of a coach?
- Don't slide into the middle of your employees' work. Set challenging expectations, give them the resources, watch their progress and help them adjust their course.
- Facilitate conversations between people who need to come together to get the job done. Building the social network of your organization to increase nimbleness and agility can grease the path to sustainablity.
- Coaching is advice from the sidelines. And, it's also demonstrating how things are done the right way.