06.2012 - How to Launch a Vibrant Partnership
Intentional leaders who want strategic partnerships can create unifying endeavors that achieve new and previously unimagined results. Too often, though, organizations enter into partnerships that appear to have great potential initially but over time the partnership breaks down and the opportunity for innovative results is lost.
What are the fundamental actions partnership organizations must address in the early stages of co-creation?
- Indicate clearly how the partnership addresses urgent strategic marketplace needs.
- Identify clear expectations for what, why and how the project will be shaped and guided.
- Verify high engagement and commitment by the designated leaders.
- Craft clear consistent leadership messages across all partner organizations.
- Develop clear understanding of the cultural gaps that must be bridged in terms of both people practices and work processes.
- Identify clear group aspirations for the project results and how the project will be conducted.
- Develop clear data sets that establish existing and future desired measureable results.